The Usual Suspects (1995)
The Usual Suspects Quote: “One Cannot Be Betrayed If One Has No People.” – Kobayashi
The winner of the first Shat The Movies Fantasy Premier League season, listener Nick Cobs, chose as his prize one of the biggest “holy crap!” plot twists of the ’90s: “The Usual Suspects.”
We all remember the iconic line-up scene and utterly addictive performances by Benicio del Toro, Kevin Spacey, Chazz Palminteri, and Stephen Baldwin (no, not you Gabriel Byrne). But will the Shat Crew hail Bryan Singer’s breakthrough neo-noir flick as a smart, stylish ensemble mystery or dismiss it as the Fedora Guy of movies?
Join us as we take another look at the crappy wig, silly heist, gratuitous vengeance, horrible police sketch, and questionable narrators that make “The Usual Suspects” worthy of the Shat treatment.
Plot Summary: “The Usual Suspects” “The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t exist,” says con man Kint (Kevin Spacey), drawing a comparison to the most enigmatic criminal of all time, Keyser Soze. Kint attempts to convince the feds that the mythic crime lord not only exists but is also responsible for drawing Kint and his four partners into a multi-million dollar heist that ended with an explosion in San Pedro Harbor – leaving few survivors.
- Android: http://shatthemovies.com/android
- Apple/iTunes: http://shatthemovies.com/itunes
- Social Media: http://shatthemovies.com/social-media
- Commission Movie: http://shatthemovies.com/support
- Support with Paypal: http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: http://shatthemovies.com/venmo
- Shop Merchandise: http://shatthemovies.com/shop
- Leave Voicemail: (914) 719-SHAT - (914) 719-7428
- Email: email@example.com
- Our TV Podcasts: https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song - Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite