Total Recall (1990)
Total Recall Quote: “You wouldn’t hurt me, would you sweetheart? Sweetheart, we’re married” – Lori Quaid
The most expensive film of its day, “Total Recall” took Arnold Schwarzenegger’s career to new heights by adding star power like Sharon Stone, technological wonders like full body scanners, and philosophical questions about the nature of reality.
This 1990 sci-fi rollercoaster didn’t sacrifice any of the Schwarzenegger charm. We still get the punchlines, the over-the-top action, the gratuitous use of meat shields, and the “Conan The Barbarian” theme song. No, seriously, check it out. That shit is stolen.
The Shat Crew has the expected debate over whether Quaid’s adventures are all implanted memories or a rude awakening. Big D reveals he’d trade a virtual vacation for a virtual babysitter. Kerri Gross just wants virtual sleep. And guest host Drew Zakmin admits to forgetting the names of his friends’ children.
Do the three hosts recall Kuato and the three-boobed woman? Totally.
Plot Summary: “Total Recall” Douglas Quaid (Arnold Schwarzenegger) is a bored construction worker in the year 2084 who dreams of visiting the colonized Mars. He visits “Rekall,” a company that plants false memories into people’s brains, in order to experience the thrill of Mars without having to travel there. But something goes wrong during the procedure; Quaid discovers that his entire life is actually a false memory and that the people who implanted it in his head now want him dead.
Help Support the Podcast
- Support With Venmo – https://venmo.com/ShatPodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link – https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Leave an iTunes Review – http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies – http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Subscribe & Social Media – http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail – (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Checkout our TV Podcasts – https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite – https://www.facebook.com/guyznite