Weekend at Bernie’s (1989)
Weekend at Bernie’s Quote: “How do you like that? The guy gets laid more times dead than I do alive.” – Larry Wilson
Listener Christian commissioned this ’80s classic as a tribute to Shat The Movies host Roger Roeper, and Rog defends it against criticism from Big D and Kerri Gross.
Find out what a 2003 Pizza Hut promotion had to do with this 1989 comedy and how much mustaches confuse Kerri. We also cover Big D’s Caribbean party life, how hot New York actually gets, and what actually happens to a body after death.
Roger lies about lying to get laid. Big D explains the aphrodesiacal properties of boats. And Kerri reveals that nurses like to play a little game called How Would You Kill Somebody And Not Get Caught?
Plus, you’ll get a questionable history of voodoo, learn how the Shat gang will honor Gene when he dies, and receive an invitation to St. Elmo’s Party. See you on the beach!
Plot Summary: “Weekend at Bernie’s” Fun-loving salesmen Richard (Jonathan Silverman) and Larry (Andrew McCarthy) are invited by their boss, Bernie (Terry Kiser), to stay the weekend at his posh beach house. Little do they know that Bernie is the perpetrator of a fraud they’ve uncovered and is arranging to have them killed. When the plan backfires and Bernie is killed instead, the buddies decide not to let a little death spoil their vacation. They pretend Bernie is still alive, leading to hijinks and corpse desecration galore.
Help Support the Podcast
- Support With Venmo – https://venmo.com/ShatPodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link – https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Leave an iTunes Review – http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies – http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Subscribe & Social Media – http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail – (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Checkout our TV Podcasts – https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite – https://www.facebook.com/guyznite