When Harry Met Sally (1989)
When Harry Met Sally Quote: “That’s not true. I have a number of men friends and there is no sex involved.” – Sally Albright
If you’ve never fallen in love with a friend, consider yourself lucky. If you’ve ever fallen in love with a friend, consider this romcom a treasure.
“When Harry Met Sally” used to just be “That Meg Ryan orgasm scene movie” when we were kids. But like the title characters, we’ve grown up and better understand the intricacies of romance. The question of “Can men and women be just friends?” and concept of “high maintenance” are a lot more relevant at 31 than 13.
Kerri, Big D, and Gene get really real on this podcast. Big D explains what makes a marriage work. Kerri dissects what it is to love a friend, and Gene identifies with romantic ghosting. It’s a very personal, a bit reflective, and like nothing we’ve ever done before.
But we still rain Shat on Billy Crystal’s hair, ’80s women’s obsession with marriage, mismatched couples, fake orgasms, and—of course—happy endings.
Grab a tissue, pull your sweetheart close, and try not to fall in love.
Harry Met Sally Horror Trailer Remix
Plot Summary: “When Harry Met Sally” In 1977, college graduates Harry Burns (Billy Crystal) and Sally Albright (Meg Ryan) share a contentious car ride from Chicago to New York, during which they argue about whether men and women can ever truly be strictly platonic friends. Ten years later, Harry and Sally meet again at a bookstore, and in the company of their respective best friends, Jess (Bruno Kirby) and Marie (Carrie Fisher), attempt to stay friends without sex becoming an issue between them.
Help Support the Podcast
- Support with Paypal – http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo – https://venmo.com/ShatPodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link – https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey – http://shatthemovies.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review – http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies – http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Subscribe & Social Media – http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail – (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Checkout our TV Podcasts – https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite – https://www.facebook.com/guyznite